Mulan (2020 film) A teenage girl disguises herself as a male warrior to save her father. A live-action feature film based on Disney’s ‘Mulan’.
- Rick Jaffa
- Amanda Silver
- Elizabeth Martin
- Lauren Hynek
Cast Of Mulan 2020
- Yifei Liu … Mulan
- Donnie Yen Donnie Yen … Commander Tung
- Li Gong Li Gong … Xianniang
- Jet Li Jet Li … Emperor
- Jason Scott Lee Jason Scott Lee … Böri Khan
- Yoson An Yoson An … Honghui
- Tzi Ma Tzi Ma … Zhou
- Rosalind Chao Rosalind Chao … Li
- Pei-Pei Cheng Pei-Pei Cheng … Matchmaker
- Xana Tang Xana Tang … Xiu
- Ron Yuan Ron Yuan … Sergeant Qiang
- Jun Yu Jun Yu … Cricket
- Chen Tang Chen Tang … Yao
- Doua Moua Doua Moua … Po
- Jimmy Wong Jimmy Wong … Ling
- Nelson Lee Nelson Lee … Chancellor
- Hoon Lee Hoon Lee … Village Magistrate
- Crystal Rao Crystal Rao … Young Mulan
- Elena Askin Elena Askin … Young Xiu
- Vincent Feng Vincent Feng … Longwei
- R.J. O’Young R.J. O’Young … Young Soldier
- Roger Yuan Roger Yuan … Duba Tegin
- Jenson Cheng Jenson Cheng … Tulugui Tegin
- Arka Das Arka Das … Red Fez
- Jen Sung Jen Sung … Kilifu Tegin (as Jen Kuo Sung)
- King Lau King Lau … Bati Tegin
- Zhaidarbek Kunguzhinov Zhaidarbek Kunguzhinov … Stallion Tegin
- Gary Young Gary Young … Garrison Commander
- Wolf Chen Wolf Chen … Garrison Scout
- Owen Kwong Owen Kwong … Senior Officer
- Jo Lo Jo Lo … Fong Lin
- Heidi Chen Heidi Chen … Frightened Girl
- Michael Chun Long Yip Michael Chun Long Yip … Garrison Guard #1
- Peter Qi Peter Qi … Garrison Guard #2
- Jia Yang Jia Yang … Scout #1
- Dante Pang Dante Pang … Imperial Gate Guard #1
- Young-H. Lee Young-H. Lee … Imperial Gate Guard #2
- Utkarsh Ambudkar Utkarsh Ambudkar … Skatch
- Chum Ehelepola Chum Ehelepola … Ramtish
- Mary Wong Mary Wong … Old Village Woman
- Audrey Chan Audrey Chan … Anxious Mother
- Jasmine Zhou Jasmine Zhou … Young Mother
- Elizabeth Quan Shang Elizabeth Quan Shang … Laundry Woman
- K.Y. Chan K.Y. Chan … Village Rice Man #1
- David T. Lim David T. Lim … Village Rice Man #2
Since several recent Hollywood films have been accused of whitewashing, The Hollywood Reporter reports that Disney is transforming Mullen’s live-action. “Say Disney U White Washed Mulan!” An online petition titled! Received more than 10 lakh signatures. On October 4, 2016, Disney announced that a global search was underway for a Chinese actress to be portrayed in the title role. A team of casting directors visited five continents and looked for nearly 1,000 candidates for a role that required credible martial arts skills, clear English speaking skills and star quality.
On November 29, 2017, Chinese-American actress Liu Yefi was cast in the film to play the title character of Mulan. Many celebrated it as a triumph of diversity in Disney films. More cast announcements by Donnie Yen, Gong Lee, Jet Lee, and Jana Tang were made in April 2018, ]  Outstanding Ambudkar and Ron Yuan in May, Yasson Ann and Chum Ehelipola in June,  Jason Scott Lee in July , Taji Ma, Rosalind Chao, Cheng Pe-pei, Nelson Lee, Jimmy Wong and Dua Mauya in August and Chen Tong in September.
Mulan (2020 film)
Mulan is a 2020 American action drama film directed by Nick Nico, produced by Walt Disney Pictures and distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures, with screenplays by Amanda Silver, Lauren Heinek, and Elizabeth Martin. The film is based on the Chinese folktale “The Balad of Mulan” and is a live-action adaptation of Disney’s 1998 animated film of the same name. The film stars Donnie Yen, Jason Scott Lee, Eoson Ann, Gong Lee, and Jet Lee, as well as Leo Yefi.
The plan to rebuild the live-action Mulan began in 2010, but the project never succeeded. In March 2015, a new venture was announced and Carro was hired to direct in February 2011. Liu was cast in the title role in November 2017, after a casting call of a thousand actresses, and the rest of the cast joined throughout the following year. Filming began in August 2018 and took place in New Zealand and China until November.
Mulan is the first live-action remake from Disney to be given a PG-13 rating by MPAA.  It was supposed to be released in the United States on March 22, 2020, but was delayed to July 2020 due to the coronavirus epidemic.
Liu Yefi began calling for a boycott of the film while re-sharing an image posted by the Chinese newspaper People’s Daily. The image includes a quote from Chinese reporter Fu Guhahao, who worked for the Global Times and was later attacked by protesters during a protest against Hong Kong’s anti-promise bill: “I support the Hong Kong police. You can kill me now. Shame on you? Why Hong Kong?” . ” This sparked international controversy, with Liu being accused of supporting police brutality. #Boycottmulan, the hashtag has since started the trend of supporting the boycott of the movie. In response to the controversy, Liu was not present at the 2019 D23 Expo, which gave fans an exclusive peek at the film.
On February 27, 2020, filmmaker Jason T. Reed said that in response to the Me Too movement, Mulan’s love interest was dropped by Captain Lee Shang. In his statement, he explained that “being a commanding officer was also very uncomfortable for the interest of sexual love and we do not consider it appropriate”. The reasoning behind the removal has drawn reactions on social media from fans of the original film and members of the LGBTQ community, who saw Shang’s relationship with Mulan’s male transgender ego Ping as bisexual. Reid was at first surprised by criticism of Shad’s removal, but acknowledged that the character had become an “LGBTQ icon” and made it clear that Shang’s role would be played by two new character commanders, Tung and Chen Honghui.