Chhichhore (translated Flippants) is a 2019 Hindi Indian drama comedy film directed by Nitesh Tiwari. Produced by Sajid Nadiadwala under Fox Star Studios and Nadiadwala Grandson Entertainment, the film stars Sushant Singh Rajput and Shraddha Kapoor. The main photography started in September 2018. The film premiered on September 6, 2019 and received critical acclaim for its direction, acting, social message, and portrayal of hostel life at Indian universities. It became a commercial success and was declared a box office success. The film earned ₹ 215 million rupees ($ 30 million) worldwide and received five nominations at the 65th Filmfare Awards: Best Film, Best Director, Best Story, Best Dialogue and Best Editing. This is Sushant Singh Rajput’s last theatrical release film before his death on June 14, 2020.
Chhichhore | Official Trailer | Sushant Singh Rajput | Nitesh Tiwari | Shraddha | Sajid Nadiadwala | 6th Sept
Pot Of Chhichhore
The unrestricted “Annie” reader lives a divorced middle-aged man who is waiting for the results of his entrance exam in the hope of getting admission in his Indian son Raghav, an aspiring engineer, an Indian Institute of Technology (IIT). On the eve of the results, Annie presented Raghav with a bottle of champagne and promised that they would celebrate their success together, unaware that Raghav was under intense pressure. The champagne bottle only fuels Raghav’s concerns about what will happen if he fails. The next day, while reviewing the results in his department, Raghav discovers that he did not qualify for IIT at JEE – Advanced Results and, for fear of being called a “loser,” jumps off the balcony. Anni runs to the hospital where he tries to comfort his ex-wife Maya, Raghav’s mother. The doctor informs Maya and Anni that Raghav’s condition is deteriorating because Raghav has no will to live. Desperate, Anni begins to tell the stories of her time at the university, in an attempt to rekindle hope in Raghav. Raghav doubts that the stories are true. Anni, in an attempt to convince Raghav, invites all her friends from the university to meet Raghav, and together they begin their story.
In 1992, on the first day of college, Anni is assigned a room in the H4 hostel, which is infamous for housing “losers.” The occupants of block H4 got the name because they repeatedly performed poorly in the annual General Sports Championship (GC). An unsatisfied Anni requests to change her hostel block, although an employee informs her that her request may take time. Meanwhile, Anni befriends five of her hostel companions, who develop a close friendship with her:
- Gurmeet “Sexa” Singh Dhillon, a hypersexual senior
- Himanshu “Acid” Deshmukh, another veteran known for his short-temperedness and blasphemy
- Derek D’Souza, a fourth-year student who is one of the best athletes in the college and a habitual chain-smoker
- Sundar “Mummy” Shrivastav, a sickly momma’s boy who is in first year of college
- Sahil “Bevda” Awasthi, an alcoholic super-senior student
During the two months, Anni forms a close friendship with the five companions and also begins dating Maya. Meanwhile, Raghuvir “Raggie” Chalkar, a H3 senior, considered the most successful hostel house, hastens Anni’s request due to Anni’s athletics and asks her to move to H3, a luxurious and luxurious, infinitely better than H4. Anni, however, wanting to stay with her friends, declines the offer, instigating Raggie to call him a loser. Raggie also reveals that he had also made a similar offer to Derek, but Derek foolishly rejected the offer as well. Anni, furious at being called a loser, decides that her hostel will win the coveted GC trophy so that the “losers” tag is removed once and for all. She teams up with a skeptical Derek, who later buys Anni’s methods, to train her hoteliers. However, she soon realizes that her team members are too weak in the sport for them to have a chance to win. To motivate them, she begs everyone to give up one thing they like best until they win the GC Cup. It also presents a series of plans to distract other participants so they can qualify for the final. Their plans work and for the first time in the history of the university, H4 reaches second place in points just behind H3 and qualifies for the final rounds where they have to win a 4x400m relay race, a basketball tournament and a competition of chess to beat H3 and win the GC. Raggie, now concerned that H3 might lose to a group of “losers,” tries to sabotage Derek and Bevda. Despite that, they both win in their respective relay and chess finals. Anni tries to score one last point in the basketball finals to win, but fails. Although H3 wins, Raggie really congratulates H4 on fighting well.
Currently, Anni and her friends tell Raghav that despite losing the competition, the H4 hoteliers were never called “losers” again because they tried to win rather than withdraw from the competition for fear of losing, and they put in so much effort. and fight Anni and her friends ask Raghav to face his surgery and his next life as a fighter, forgetting the labels of winner and loser. A year later, a fully recovered Raghav attends his first day of college, asking viewers to never ask what his college name is or what his rank was, as he is glad he is coming to live life.
Cast Of Chhichhore
- Sushant Singh Rajput as Anirudh “Anni” Pathak, the film’s protagonist and group leader of the H4 team
- Shraddha Kapoor as Maya Sharma Pathak, Anni’s love interest and later wife
- Mohammad Samad as Raghav Pathak, Anni’s and Maya’s son
- Varun Sharma as Gurmeet “Sexa” Singh Dhillon, Anni’s senior who is obsessed with porn
- Prateik Babbar as Raggie, an H3 senior who detests Anni and his senior Derek
- Tahir Raj Bhasin as Derek D’Souza, Anni’s senior who has great athletic skills and is a chain smoker
- Naveen Polishetty as Acid, Anni’s senior who constantly flunks his tests and has developed a bitter, swearing tongue
- Tushar Pandey as Sundar “Mummy” Srivastava, an introvert who is Anni’s classmate and is tied to his mother’s apron strings
- Saharsh Kumar Shukla as Bevda, Anni’s super-senior who is an alcohol addict and also a known chess champion
- Aashray Batra as Raghav’s Senior
- Rohit Chauhan as Criss Cross
- Neil Dhokte as H3 Maradona
- Abishek Joseph George as H3 Venkatesh “Venky”
- Nalneesh Neel as H4 Pandu
- Rudrashish Majumder as H4 Bagula Freshie
- Nitin Kumar Singh as H4 Fish Freshie
- Ranjan Raj as H4 Abhimanyu “Danda” Rathore
- Raziya Sultana as H10 Dulari Pitroda
- Adarsh Gautam as Sexa’s father
- Sanjay Goradia as Mummy’s father
- Vishal Gupta as H4 Kabaddi Asthama
- Kamaal Malik as Professor Mishra
- Shishir Sharma as Doctor Sumit Kasbekar
- Abhilasha Patil as Nurse
- Saanand Verma as Hostel Staff
Production Of Chhichhore
Filming began on September 30, 2018, and the first program ended on October 30, 2018. The second program began on November 14, 2018  and ended on December 15, 2018. A portion of the film was filmed at the Indian Institute of Technology in Bombay. The theme song was filmed at a cost of ₹ 9 crores. This marks the reunion of Bosco-Cesar choreographers who have come together after three years. Shane Nigam was supposed to play the role of a Malayali student, but he chose not to participate due to scheduling conflicts with Kumbalangi Nights.
Marketing and release
In February 2019, the cast of the film made a poster on May 30, 2019 and dressed their character in costumes. The trailer for the film was released on August 4, 2019 by Fox Star Studios.
India in September in The film was released in theaters, 2019. Later, it was released on Hotstar. The unsolicited video was released on November 1, 2019.
Chhichhore Box office Collection
Opening week Chhichhore grossed ₹57.6 crore on its.
To this day ₹215 crore’s
|Filmfare Awards||15 February 2020||Best Film||Nadiadwala Grandson Entertainment||Nominated|
|Best Director||Nitesh Tiwari||Nominated|
|Best Story||Nitesh Tiwari, Piyush Gupta, Nikhil Mehrotra||Nominated|
|Best Editing||Charu Shree Roy||Nominated|
|International Indian Film Academy Awards||27-29 November 2020||Best Story||Nitesh Tiwari, Piyush Gupta, Nikhil Mehrotra||Pending|
|Mirchi Music Awards||19 February 2020||Best Background Score||Sameer Uddin||Nominated|
|Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards India||21 December 2019||Favorite Movie||Chhichhore – Nitesh Tiwari||Won|
|Favorite Movie Actress||Shraddha Kapoor||Won|
|Screen Awards||8 December 2019||Critics’ awards for Best Film||Nitesh Tiwari||Nominated|
|Critics’ awards for Best Actor||Sushant Singh Rajput||Nominated|
|Best Supporting Actor||Varun Sharma||Nominated|
|Zee Cine Awards||13 March 2020||Best Director||Nitesh Tiwari||Nominated|
|Best Story||Nitesh Tiwari, Piyush Gupta, Nikhil Mehrotra||Nominated|
|Best Actor – Female||Shraddha Kapoor||Nominated|